AT&T Reveals Blackberry Torch’s Release Date
Modern messaging burns back to life with the fire of Blackberry Torch 9800. It is coming out--although the date is yet to be made official--this month with the serious corporate attitude typical of Blackberry smartphones.
August 12 is the day. Mobile carrier AT&T has announced the forthcoming of Blackberry Torch on its site, ticking off each new and enhanced feature of the first RIM mobile ever to run Blackberry 6. The device also secures the spot as the first truly usable touch screen from Blackberry. And surely, it still highlights the feature it does best with: messaging.
Of course there are other highlight features that bundle with this up-to-date premium hardware from RIM. Major features coming in with the device are:
* a 5 megapixel camera with flash
* a portrait slide with full QWERTY keyboard
* BlackBerry 6 with a brand new browser
* a built-in 4GB of storage plus, for expanding capability, a 4GB microSD card in package
* 512MB each of ROM and RAM
* quadband 3G radio that will work well around the world
* a 480 x 360 resolution on a 3.2-inch touchscreen display (same resolution as the Bold 9700)
* a popup optical trackpad at the bottom of the screen
* the new desktop and media syncing capability that allows you to sync your desktop and media library over wireless connection
AT&T will be the premier seller of Blackberry Torch, which will be sold starting at $199.99 on contract. It will also be available from intermediary and online sellers on its release date. Check out AT&T’s intro vid for the long-awaited smartphone.View Article Source »