HP Topaz WebOS Tablet Specs Leaked; Touchstone 2 in the Works
Will HP Topaz be ready to face-off with the Apple iPad? Check out the specs and you be the judge.
Reports over at PreCentral have leaked the specs for HP’s upcoming 9.7″ WebOS Tablet, the HP Topaz. Touted as a fierce competitor for Apple’s iPad tablet, it seems HP Topaz has alot under it’s sleeves carrying a 1.2GHz Dual Core processor, 512mb RAM, Flash support, and a stellar line-up for its wireless features. Will it be enough to knock the iPad out of its throne or atleast give it a run for its money? Hit the break to see the full specs and you decide.
- Processor: Dual-core Qualcomm MSM8660 at 1.2GHz
- Graphics Integrated Adreno 220 GPU
- Screen: 9.7″ XGA 1024 x 768
- Dimensions: 190mm x 240mm x 13.7mm
- Weight: 700g / 1.5lb (estimated)
- RAM: 512MB DDR2
- Storage: 16g / 32g / 64g eMMC
- Camera: Front-facing 1.3mp camera for Video Chat
- Bluetooth: 2.1 + EDR
- WiFi Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n
- Other Radios Optional WWAN for HSPA, LTE, perhaps CDMA later
- Sensors: Accelerometer, eCompass, Gyro, Light Sensor, Microphone
- Speakers: 2 integrated speakers with Beats Audio, 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 24WHr for >8hrs, using two 3150mAh cells
PreCentral reports that HP is working on another version of the Palm Touchstone, roughly called “Touchstone 2″, that will be the HP Topaz’s inductive charging device. Other than that, we’ll also be getting an impressive list of features choked up in the Touchstone 2 such as wireless photo and audio sharing, wireless map and directions, wireless printing, and more wirelessness.
The features have yet to be finalized as HP will announce further details of the Topaz and its brother, the Opal, on February 9th. Stay tuned as AllWeLike will deliver the latest news on this potential iPad killerView Article Source »