12 Outstanding Features of Apple’s iPad 2
iPad 2 -- a smaller and lighter Apple device with two cameras for FaceTime and HD video recording.
The iPad 2 may have entered the tablet world with more greater offerings than its predecessor. But is it really considered as an excellent creation from Apple, or is it just designed to get the public’s attention? In this article, GADG listed down the best features of iPad 2, and see whether it’s worth buying for.
1. The iPad 2 is 33% thinner and 12% lighter compared to its predecessor, making it more comfortable to carry in your hands. It also has a very responsive keyboard for a hassle-free browsing.
2. It has dual-core A5 chip, which lets users finish multiple tasks in one. All of its applications work really fast, including other tasks such as gaming, web surfing, and video calling.
3. iPad 2 offers up to nine times faster graphics. Users will experience a game play that is more realistic and lag-free. Aside from that, the super fast graphics feature help most applications to perform at its best.
4. It has an improved and longer battery life, which lets you watch movies or make video calls all night. iPad 2 still offers the same 10-hour battery life even if it became thinner and lighter.
5. iPad 2 has two cameras. A VGA snapper at the front, and a 0.7-megapixel camera around the back. The device also offers the FaceTime application, which is designed for high-definition video calling.
6. It has Smart Covers to make your iPad 2 look more trendy and handy.
7. The iPad 2 features a LED-backlit display, which lets users watch movies and play games even in areas with minimal light. With LED backlighting, your 9.7 inches of high-resolution photos, movies, and web pages will become more vivid and brighter.
8. Its multi-touch feature allows you to do everything using the power of your fingertips. Web surfing, typing, playing games, and reading books is now made easier.
9. iPad 2 is built with iOS 4 — the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. This feature allows users to experience a much responsive and highly secured iPad.
10. Apple’s iPad 2 allows you to stay connected. It is built with an advanced 802.11n wireless technology, which lets you find Wi-Fi networks instantly; and a 3G connection that is always available even without any Wi-Fi systems.
11. It offers three unique apps that are useful when traveling: The accelerometer, a three-axis gyroscope, and a compass.
12. Other advanced applications are available too. This includes AirPlay — a movie-photo-music stream; Video mirroring — the perfect choice for viewing photos and videos in a wider audience; and AirPrint — an app for printing stuffs.
Even though the iPad 2 was known for being an upgrade of the original version, it is still undeniable that the current-gen device highlighted much better features that are not present in the first iPad.