10 Easy Steps to Protect your Computer from Being Hacked
Defend your computer from all forms of cyber attacks through following these basic tips and precautions.
Since computers have been the best platform for doing a lot of things – from school matters to professional tasks – it is quite important for you to protect your files and accounts from different online threats such as Keyloggers, Hackers, and Cyber Terrorists.
To date, the level of cyber crimes has been constantly increasing, resulting to a big problem for your defenseless computer systems. If you are not aware of how to defend your computer, then perhaps hackers might easily break into your system without getting your attention. Follow the steps below to make sure your computer is safe from Cybergangs.
1. First of all, you must install an antivirus software and a firewall program into your computer system. These programs serve as a great tool for monitoring such viruses and Trojan horses that might enter in your computer.
3. When your browser displays a note saying that you should install updates for your PC, go ahead and do what is asked. This simple action might keep your system safe and protected.
4. Create backups for all your files and folders, and store them in a different computer. Just so you could still have your important files once your original computer encounters cyber attacks.
5. Edit the settings of both your browser and email accounts. Make sure to set your “Internet zone” for high security and your “trusted sites” in medium-low.
7. Never open any unknown email messages and attachments. Most of them contains viruses, making it easier for hackers to barge into your computer.
8. Do not click tempting online ads, such as “You just won a free iPhone!” or “You won $1 million!”. Clicking them might automatically install some sort of spywares.
9. Never ever allow your browser to remember your passwords! Doing this is quite similar to leaving the door of your house wide open while you’re sleeping.
10. Once you’re done using your computer, shut it down and disconnect from the Internet. Hackers cannot enter your system when your computer is off.