ACER Aspire S3 Ultrabook, Revealed!
ACER's ultrabook - the Aspire S3 - made an appearance at this year's IFA consumer electronics show in Berlin.
During the IFA 2011 consumer electronics show last Friday in Berlin, ACER finally unveiled its Aspire S3 ultrabook. As previously noted, it will feature a 13.3-inch ultra-thin HD LED display and a super-lightweight, high density battery which provides up to 7 hours of energy. Moreover, it measures 0.507-inches thin and weighs less than 3 lbs.
The Aspire S3 also boasts ACER Green Instant On and Instant Connect features. The Green Instant On will resume the device in 1.5 seconds if it is in sleep mode for less than 30 minutes, and in 6 minutes when it is in Deep Sleep. The ultrabook undergo Deep Sleep mode every 30 minutes of no activity as part of its battery-saving measures. The Instant Connect, on the other hand, can enable users to access the Internet in just 2.5 seconds.
The juicy ACER Aspire S3 features are posted below:
* Choice of 2nd-generation Core i3, i5, i7 ultra-low voltage CPUs
* 13.3-inch glossy coated HD LED display with a native resolution of 1366 x 768
* Two USB 2.0 ports and an HDMI-out port, all three full-sized and located on the back
* Choice of a 240 GB SSD model, or a hybrid 320/500 GB * HDD + 20 GB SSD (cache config)
* Up to 7 hours of battery life for the SSD-only model, and up to 6 hours for the HDD + SSD versions
* A 2-in-1 card reader that supports SD Cards and MultiMediaCards
* Integrated Acer Crystal Eye 1.3MP camera and microphone
* Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Bluetooth 4.0 + HSR
* Dolby Home Theater v4, combo audio jack
* Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional
* Magnesium-Aluminum alloy chassis and a lid with a fingerprint-free metal finish
* Full-size Acer FineTip chiclet keyboard
The ACER Aspire S3 ultrabook will roll out on selected regions this month and ramp-up next month. The device will be priced between €799 and €1199. The company have plans to introduce the ultrabook to the US market; but the price, specs and features are yet to be announced on an unspecified date.View Article Source »