15 Fun Facts About Google+
”Our goal with Google+ is to make sharing on the web like sharing in real life, as well as to improve the overall Google experience" --- Larry Page, Google founder and CEO.
As you already know, Google+ is the newest member in the ever-growing family of social networking services. It went live on public just recently, but has been in a trial for the past 90 days, sending out limited invitations to users as it hones its service. For a short period of time, this latest social site from Google has undeniably given a tremendous impact and influence to most social media users.
Thus, in order to show you a detailed rundown of what is happening around Google+, GADG has put up a list of the 15 fun and interesting facts about Google’s social extension.
1. In just one month, Google+ has received over 26,000,000 registered users.
2. With a high signing ratio, Google+ could become the second most popular social media site, beating Twitter and LinkedIn.
4. Larry Page, Google founder, follows Zuckerberg with over 290,061 friends in circles.
5. June 29th, China – afraid of the capabilities of Google+ – blocked the site with a huge firewall system.
6. Users with Google Plus accounts could get unlimited photo storage on Picasa.
7. On July 16, Google+ became the 42nd most-visited site in the U.S, and 638th in the world.
8. Google+ offers three gender options: Female, Male, and “OTHERS.”
9. Google+ has 72% male users, 28% females, and 20% others. Moreover, 29% of the users are engineers by profession.
10. 50 percent of the males are hoping to find female users.
11. The Google+ network was developed under the code name “Emerald Sea.”
12. Each Google+ user has a 5000 maximum friend limit.
13. Google Plus comes with a video chat feature, known as ‘hangouts’ — in which up to ten people could participate in a single video call.
14. 55% of the site’s traffic comes from USA, and 18% from India.
15. Google+ is mostly visited by adults with age bracket between 25-34.
To join Google+, click this.