- Apple finally unveils the new iPad Air Read more »
- Google's Nexus 5 is rumored to be launched this Novembe... Read more »
- Microsoft Offers Another $100 Discount to their Origina... Read more »
- Lenovo Desktop PC Doubles as a Large Tablet Read more »
- Robotic Vehicle Gets Wheelchair Bound Person to Stand U... Read more »
- Human-Powered Roller Coaster Offered in Japan Bicycle T... Read more »
- Analog Camera Filter for DSLR Cameras Offers Instagram-... Read more »
Samsung unveiled the price and specs of their upcoming Galaxy Tab 8.9. Check them out!
Samsung recently unveiled all the official specs of their Galaxy Tab 8.9 that is expected to arrive in Best Buy stores this Thurday. The dedicated web page shows that its 16GB Wi-Fi model will cost around $469 as expected. The larger capacity, which is 32GB, will be at $569 per unit.
The feature for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is posted after the jump.Read the rest of the article »
Sony's latest tablet entry is now up for pre-order at its own site. Price starts at $500 for the 16GB model.
The Sony Tablet S, which was first revealed last week, is now up for pre-order on the company’s official online store and selected retailers. The device will ship on September 16 in the US, while Canadian markets could receive the units a week later on Sept. 23. Reports have confirmed that the 16GB version will be retailed for $500, and the larger 32GB model could be yours for $600.
The Tablet S is said to be a PlayStation certified device that runs on an Android 3.1 Honeycomb, and is powered by a NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor. It has a 9.4-inch touchscreen, with IR port and DLNA-compatibility — allowing you to use the tablet as a remote control for most of your home entertainment electronics. Aside from that, the Tablet S features the Sony e-reader gaming store, which could help users in downloading different original PlayStation titles.
Meanwhile, Sony is also working on the folding, dual-screen Tablet P. However, there are still no reports with regards to its pricing and official launching date.View Article Source »
LG G-Slate gets Android 3.1 update, brings Google Videos and resizable widgets.
The LG G-Slate seems to be catching up with its tablet contenders, Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab, as T-Mobile recently announced that the Android 3.1 updates are already available in the device. Casting out the former Android 3.0, the revamped G-Slate tablet now prompts users to display Google Videos for movie rentals. They could also take good advantage of the USB accessory that can be used to connect the tablet into keyboards, mouse, or other controllers.
The interface of the LG G-Slate has also been enhanced. New features such as re-sizable widgets, an expanded list of applications, and Gmail, have been added to the device — allowing users to have a wider range of activities. T-mobile as well pointed out that along with this Android 3.1 update, they have also fixed most of the G-Slate’s bugs that were attested before — including the issues regarding the Google Talk and Music apps. Moreover, the company unveiled that users can now experience an improved tablet browser and widget responsiveness.
T-Mobile LG G-Slate Android 3.1 update is already rolling out to all customers. Owners will be informed when the said update is available for installation.View Article Source »
Acer is reportedly planning to launch a ten-inch slide tablet called A500 before the holiday season comes.
Based on a report from an unnamed sources, Acer is preparing to launch a slide tablet called A500 before the year ends. The said tablet will have a 10-inch touchscreen that is packed with ARM-based chipset.
The production of the tablet is held by a contract manufacturer called Compal. However, other details about the Acer A500 is still unclear. The sources also added that Acer cut the estimated 2011 sales forecast into half, making the estimated 5-7 million devices to just 2.5- 3 million devices. Acer, along with other non-Apple tablet producer, is said to have a tradition of overoptimistic shipping forecasts.
Acer’s next tablet is expected to arrive to the market in the near future. The Android-based tablet, Iconia Tab A100, could be the first tablet that measures seven inches and boasts Android 3.2. On the other hand, the Acer A500 – will be upgraded to Android 3.1 in the first quarter of 2012.View Article Source »
Original plan was scrapped! No Honeycomb for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. It now carries the Android 3.1.
Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet will now carry the updated Android 3.1 operating system, which change was already made on its product page. In addition to this, a representative from Samsung Mobile confirmed the new version in a comment.
Integration of the updated Android 3.1 operating system means that the Samsung Galaxy Tab will have a support for Google’s Android movie rental service, USB-connected peripherals, resizable widgets and Flash Player 10.2 support.View Article Source »
Google I/O 2011 event which takes place on San Francisco last week May 10-11, has been attended by thousands of people and watch via live streaming by the whole world.
Major Google product / software announcements:
- Google announces Android 3.1
- Google TV getting Android 3.1 and Market this summer
- Google Ice Cream Sandwich coming in Q4 2011 to smartphones and tablets alike
- Android Market launches movie rentals, thousands of titles available to your PC, phone or tablet
- Google Music Beta to stream 20,000 songs for free
- Google partners with OEMs and carriers to guarantee timely Android updates
- Google announces Android Open Accessory standard, Arduino-based ADK
- Google announces Android@Home framework for home automation
- Google clarifies 18 month Android upgrade program, details far from solidified
- Google adding Netflix, Hulu support, offline Gmail, Calendar and Docs to Chrome OS this summer, prices hardware at $20 per month
- Google unveils Acer Chromebook: $349, 11.6-inches with 6.5-hour battery
- Official: Samsung reveals Chrome OS laptop — the Series 5
- Google teases Samsung-built Chromebox, desktop version of Chrome OS
If you miss the change to watch the event you can now watch the whole event via Youtube, Watch the video after the break.Read the rest of the article »
Written on January 03, 2013
Written on December 28, 2012
Written on December 21, 2012
Written on December 17, 2012
Written on December 17, 2012